Tuesday 29 August 2023

Hobby update

So it's been a while since I put up any hobby posts. With family holidays south and the school holidays taking up a lot of my time recently I haven't had much chance to post anything, although I have been chipping away at the to do list in the back ground. As always this list has grown with the birthday haul and at this rate I'll not finish my list before the end of the year.  

Anyway, I am currently working on my assassin's, the Warhammer+ exclusive plus an Eversor Assassin. While the Vindicare assassin model that came from Warhammer+ is a lovely model, it's not a very practical model for the table top, so some modifications were carried out.

Modified Sister's statue

Replacement middle section

As you can see, I've split the model in to two parts, the actual Vindicare assassin and the statue of the sister. To do this I had two options. Cut the Vindicare off the main model below the feet or replace the central floor section the Vindicare is standing on. I chose to do the latter and replaced it with plasticard. 

Stand alone Vindicare assassin

The model itself sits nicely on a 32mm base and since this picture was taken I've added rubble and basing paste to it to make it look more like broken building, as this model will be spending most of its time in building rather than on the grass, like all the other models. 

Original model

As you can see from the original box art, this is quite a nice diorama but is quite large for the tabletop.

Eversor Assassin

In addition, I've built the Eversor Assassin to the instructions. I did consider building it without the base and have him running on the ground but I deduced not to as it does look cool and the base section isn't really big enough to use as a separate price of terrain or anything. 

In addition to these two models I have also completed my first born Eagle Knights and also my repulsor I got for my birthday, also in eagle knight colours. I will post up photos of these when I can, most likely the repulsor will be up next, as the first born Eagle Knights are currently boxed up for those own safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment