Friday 27 January 2023

Points updates

 It's been a slow start to the year for blogging, mostly as a few DIY projects have taken priority. The replacement windows were finally delivered and installed for our conservatory and the upstairs hall floor has decided to finally give up, so the only thing stopping the kids putting there foot through the floor is the carpet. As a result the conservatory renovation and hall floor replacement have taken the front spots for occupying my time and hobby activities have had to take the back foot some what. 

Anyway following on from previous post, where I talked about the new Arks of Omen detachment, I'm moving on to the points updates and new guard codex changes. In this I'm just going to focus on my overall points changes, as well as mention some changes to my guard lists but I'll go in to them in more details in a separate post later and I will also do a break down of the units once I get myself a codex in the coming days! 

We'll start with a look at the old points, pre update;


You can ignore the kill team list randomly in the middle, that's only there to remind me of what teams I've built as proxies. Most of these lists will remain the same, with only points changes taken in to account, the guard lists however have had a complete reshuffle, including the removal of entire detachments in some cases! This does make it hard to do a straight comparison in these cases but overall you can see that the total points have changed, from 6274 to 6550 but this includes 390 points of models I've yet to buy.

Edit: Eagle Knights is actually 1570points

So, overall there are points drops across the board, I don't think that one of the armies has gone up in points. Some of the drops have been substantial, well over 200 points in some cases. The guard points are very hard to compare as there have been so many changes from the old to the new codex that some of the armies bare little resemblance to the old versions! I do like the fact that the points have dropped by I won't be buying anything extra from any of the armies to take advantage of the points drops, I'll be sticking with my plan to buy just the field ordnance battery and a couple of vehicles for the Eagle Knights.  

No comments:

Post a Comment