Tuesday 18 January 2022

2022 resolutions

 

Last week I looked back through my resolutions from 2021 and surprisingly, I did quite well with them! Well, this is a new year and a new list is required, now normally this is just the previous years list adjusted to take account of what has been done but this year I've had to actually think about it as I managed to do quite a bit last year. These are not in any sort of order, so I will highlight the ones that are more important than others.


1) kill team.

I have combined all the kill team stuff in to one point this year. Some of these have been on the list for several years and keep getting pushed back in favour of other projects. Well this year I intend to get some of them done! There are a number of teams that need painting;

a) Deathwatch

b) Tyranids

c) Sisters

d) Scout Marines

e) Chaos

f) DKoK

g) Ork Commandos

I don't intend on adding to this list, as there are not many more factions that I actually want for kill team, the only one that I can think of is Talons with Custodies and Sisters of Silence, but I do not intend on getting them any time soon. I don't know how many of these I will get painted but I intend to get some of them done at least.

2) No new models*

Ok, so I will not buy any new models this year*. 

* Ok, so there is a little caveat. I have mentioned a few time my intention to add conscripts and additional scions to my Dagr Ormr force once the new guard codex comes out. I still intend to do this and when the codex is out and I have checked to see if there are any changes that would.impact my force I will buy at least 60 conscripts, 20 scions and 3 or 4 taurox's. I will however, not be buying anything else. 

3) Paint Marines

I am currently working on the Dark Guardians (DA successor) and am over half way through. I still have a number of Eagle Knights (BA successors) to paint. In addition, I have a contemptor dread and iron clad dread to paint. These are going to be the main focus for the first part of the year. 

4) Catachan characters

So I have the three Catachan characters to paint up. Honestly I don't know if I will get around to it but it would be nice to get them done.

5) Knights

I have two Armiger Warglaives sitting in a box half primed, waiting for a proper paint job. I know roughly what I want to do with them but have yet to get around to it. These are fairly low on the priority list but I might do a few bits and pieces with them if I need a break from other projects.

6) AdMech 

I brought the later version on the start collecting box, before it changed to the new combat patrol boxes. I brought this to take my AdMech force up to the 500 point mark and to make it possible to field a codex compliant force, something I couldn't with the changes to the codex. This is however, the lowest priority for this year's to do list and I will only get around to this if I have nothing else to do, which I suspect will not be the case. 

7) Update pages

This is something I have been meaning to do for a while but never quite get around to. The whole site really needs an over haul and update but the pages especially, since there have been quite a few changes to the lore \ fluff of my army \ forces. It has been over 5 years since I started blogging and it's evident in some areas of the blog. I hope that I can do the updates when I'm round and about and not able to paint or model but then I have been able to do that for the last couple of years and haven't managed to actually do it, so we will see what happens!


So there it is, my list for this year. I think I should be able to compete at least half of them again this year but we will have to see what happens. Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment