Friday 27 March 2020

Best laid plans and all that..............

So in the words of the Scottish poet, Robert Burns, "The best-laid schemes o' mice an' me, Gand aft agley, An' lea'e us nought but green An' pain, For promis'd joy!", Well, ok, that might be a bit dramatic but the sentiment is there.

Last weekend my wife, daughter and youngest were supposed to travel south to a baton twirling tournament, her first ever tournament, which she was quite excited about. I think the whole thing about getting dress up together, you know, doing hair and make up in the morning and getting on all the shiny sparkling dresses appealed more to her than the actual tournament but then she's still just a little girl, so I can't blame her for that. Anyway, off the back of that they were going to spend the week at the in-laws, while me and the biggest spent the week at home while he finished off the school term. We would them join them once the school term had finished, meaning g we would have had a week at home together and we had a plan, well, the little man had a plan and I had a plan and at several points the plans overlapped, which was fine by me.

My son's plans basically involved spending time after school painting and playing kill team, going down the club on Sunday (last Sunday as you read this) and also getting my guard army out to look at. My plan on the other hand was a little more complicated and was due to occur once the young man had gone to bed.

My plan

One thing that's missing of the list is basing my models, even though I don't actually know how I'm going to base my kill teams yet. I was planning on going to the club as well and doing a few bits and pieces with the young man after school but the main effort was going to be getting as much done as possible once he was in bed.

However, with all that has been going on in the world, the young ladies tournament was cancelled, flights were cancelled and holiday put on hold and instead of doing DIY during the day and modelling at night, I'm trying to keep 3 little ones busy all day and looking after the little one most of the evening, with zero hobby time. I've played a few games with the little ones, although they have been on a very modified rules set.

 I'm hoping to get some painting done at some point, if we can get the little one down for a few hours in the evenings.


Life at the moment is, as I'm sure it is for a lot of us, in a constant state of flux and we're pretty much taking it one day at a time right now and I sincerely hope that all who are reading this are health and safety and with a bit of luck and common sense we will get through these troubling times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment