Tuesday 15 October 2019

Blog update

So the blog posts are still trickling in and will do for a while yet I think. Don't worry though my enthusiasm for the blog has not diminished at all but rather circumstances over the last few months have meant that the blog has had to take a back seat and will probably continue to over the next few as well.

With my wife being on maternity leave, I though that I would get plenty of time to blog and paint, however the opposite has been true. Firstly in a change to the planned home renovation schedule, at the beginning of summer we decided to rip out the existing kitchen and utility room and install a new kitchen, utility room and also a pantry, which included reconfiguring a chunk of the house. As you can imagine, I spent a lot of time sorting and fitting everything and I'm still not finished yet. This coupled with the long holiday south to visit family, has meant that much of the summer passed with little time for blogging.

Additionally over the past month I have had to deal with a couple of minor health issues, with what started out a a cold and turned in to a series minor chest infections (suspected to have been Whooping cough). Although nothing serious at all, they have been aggravating my Asthma, causing me to have coughing fits and as a result I've damaged all my chest muscles, so I'm on pain killers for that. While none of this has been anywhere near serious, it's just been one annoying thing after another and it's been sapping my energy and morale. Hopefully I'm on the way out of it all now but it's been a slow process.

Lastly, my final little price of me time and my last bit of weekly hobby time has disappeared. The littlest one is now taking bottles occasionally, so my wife's Monday night outings to dancing are now a solo affair, as the little one stays at home with me. Now the big two go to bed quite happily but the wee one will only sleep on top me! That's means that I'm usually relegated to sitting on the sofa watching rubbish on Netflix.

So all in all hobby progress has been very slow of late, however I did manage to paint the up so early models when the wife was away south at a meeting with the wee one, more on them later.

3 comments:

  1. Here's hoping everything goes as smoothly as it may!

    There's a post about some Armigers that shows up in my feed, but not on the blog itself. Not sure what's going on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling better everyday, it's just annoying when your not really that Ill but you still feel like crap and can't do anything.

      The Armiger's post should be up next week, it wasn't supposed to be posted but blogger keeps randomly posting things when I'm using my phone.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it always takes longer than it feels like it should to get over stuff. Take it easy, let your immune system do its job.

      Delete