Tuesday 30 April 2019

60,000 views

This post has been sitting in my draft box for a few weeks but after 4 and a half years the blog has hit 60,000 views.  Ok, so not a massive amount of hits compared to some blogs out there but I'm pretty happy with how things are plodding along. I haven't been posting very regularly recently due to the new addition to the family and the fact that I'm not rally getting time to do anything hobby related at the moment. 

In the past I have gone through the details and statistics in detail, as I have always found them quite fascinating but I will just Doing a quick run through this time around. We'll start by looking at the all time records. As you can see the blog is just over the 60,000 mark and while the last month's views say they are nearly 5000, in truth the monthly views are usually just over 2000 but this month the russians were playing around and have bumped up the figures somewhat.


You can also see that there has been a steady rise in viewer number since I started all those years ago. 

At this point, blogger and my phone decided to have a little disagreement, which is fairly common unfortunately. This resulted in me deleting the monthly overview shot from this post. Now, if I had been clever I would have backed up the photo but I'm not, so I haven't and as such I have no idea what it says. So moving swiftly on.....

The most popular posts and pages over the last month. I have often noticed that the figures for the posts don't match up to the blog visits. I think this is due to the fact that I post the complete post to the home page, so anyone can read the post without having to actually view the individual posts themselves.


Most popular post ever and there seems to be a clear winner from the 8th edition MT post. 

Next up are the traffic source stats. For most people they probably mean nothing, nore do most of you probably care where my visitors come from but for me it's interesting to see where people hear about my blog. Mostly it's Google or Faeit 212\Natfka but there are some ransoms in there plus 40kaddict always send me some traffic (as always many thanks Dave)

Monthly figures


All time traffic sources.

Next up we have, as far as I'm concerned, the most interesting, facts and figures, the audience stats.

The monthly views are slightly off due to the Russian connection. Usually  the US tops the country chart with the UK in second place. Russian is usually somewhere around 3rd or 4th on the list. Internet explorer or edge as I think it's called now, is still a popular browser but Chrome is always up there and, as shown below, is usually the most popular choice for viewing the web. Despite what we seem to be told about the rise (again) of apple, most people still seem to prefer good old windows. 

The overall figures are pretty telling I think. America is by far the most active viewer of the blog, with the UK usually second but with the above mentioned bump in Russian views, try they have jumped up to the second place on the list.  I'm pretty sure that if I checked back through the previous posts that I have done about the number of views the blog has seen there will be little difference in the other countries on the list. One thing that I know is the same, is that the top 3 countries still make up over half of the total views on the blog. Also Chrome and Windows continue to be the dominant force in the world. 

One additional thing I have noticed recently is that I have been getting a lot of hits from "unknown region". While this is slightly annoying, as it renders the map blank, it also raises the question, where are these views coming from? Is it a country that Google blocks or are some people blocking there location from Google? With the rise of awareness of cookies and the other tracking software, are people actively blocking there location? Who knows, I certainly don't but then I'm not very internet savvy, the whole coding thing just confuses me. 

Anyway, that's just a quick look through the stats from the last 60 thousand views. I'll be looking to the 100,000 mark in the future, although I suspect that it will take a while to get that far, especially with the recent lack of posts!

2 comments:

  1. The stats & traffic sources/key search words always amuse me. It often seems that old posts (skaven related especially for some odd reason) bring as many daily page hits as whatever I'm currently posting about.

    Congrats on surpassing 60k views!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What amuses me most is the keyword searches and referral sites. I think in the list above from keyword searches, one entry is looking for tarot starter guides or similar, so why on earth they came to my site I have no idea. Also I quite often look at the referring site, to see what they are, if they are not the usual ones and sometimes I get quite a shock at adult content contained within. Why and how they sites are referring poeple on is beyond me.

      Delete